Friday, March 6, 2015

Sunshine On A Cloudy Day



#057

Ok. So it's a bad choice of names. At least I know it! I was thinking about these sunny looking lemons popping out on this gray background. This was a really cool painting to do. It was painted on a grayish taupish (I don't think that's a word, but you know what I mean... I hope). I also used a different white. It's called Transparent White (Winsor & Newton). Not sure if I like it or not, but it had an interesting effect on this painting. I didn't intend for it to be so gray, but this white made it possible for the unpainting to show through. 

Speaking of sunshine! Supposed to have plenty this weekend! Hope you do too! Gotta say Happy Birthday, Sister!! I love you! :)

Oh yeah! Below is painting #056. I did this one yesterday and posted it on DPW.


No comments:

Post a Comment