Friday, February 20, 2015

Multi-Purples



#048

Wow! I can't believe it's been four days since I posted anything! Between being iced in with no internet, and fighting off a cold, it just hasn't happened.

This painting was so fun, and easy actually. I almost didn't do it because I thought it'd be too hard. One reason it was so easy, is that I had a whole palette full of premixed paint. The day before I painted it I mixed about every type of purple I could. I did it for another painting that didn't turn out very well. In fact --haha -- you may never see poor #047.  Anyway, I had a lot of these "purples" left. So I just started laying them in one color at a time, starting with the darkest, and viola! grapes! 

Sometimes the paintings you think will be so hard, just flow off the end of your brush like magic. Sometimes, it's the other way around. Either way, I figure its best to take it in stride. Easier to say sometimes than do, I know. I think my new mantra (like I have an old one) is going to be "either way"! I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment