Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lipton Green Tea



#014

The idea for this painting popped in my head in the middle of the night last night .....  when I was supposed to be sleeping.  Who thinks about tea bags at 2 a.m.?!  I was actually thinking about all the possibilities when painting small, simple, everyday items.   

I tried to "stay loose" with this one, but sometimes that translates to "mud" for me.  And it happened here. Thank goodness for my new "handy dandy" large angle chisel!  :)  What a great tool!  I want to paint something now just so I can scrape the paint off of it.  Can't wait to see what kind of effects I can make with it.  I've noticed that in other artists' work, and love it. 

Thank you again, Carol, for writing a great book and sharing so much advise on tools and equipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment