Sunday, December 21, 2014

Clouds Over Sweetlake


This is the cloud painting I did earlier in the year.  My step son took this awesome photograph down in South West Louisiana, where the grassy marshland is as vast as the sky.  When I saw it, I knew I had to paint it. Clouds can't be that hard to paint, right?  Boy, did I learn how wrong I was!

This painting took several days to paint because of the drying and layering I had to do.  I do like the outcome, tho; and have sold a couple giclees of it already.  I still have the original for sale on my website, but actually like having it around.

I started another cloud painting several months ago, but haven't been back to it.  If I ever finish it, I'll post that one too.  Have an awesome day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment