Sunday, September 27, 2015

What?! October?!

I know that summers always whiz by, but September? It's been over a month since my last post, and I really have no excuse. I just lost that entire month. While I keep thinking I'm going to get out on the lake for one more swim, the leaves are changing color before my eyes. True, I've been busy, but I HAVE managed to paint about 15 small daily paintings since my last post.

Below are the first 5 of them (#s 95, 96, 97, 98, 99). I'll post the rest over the next 2 days. Then I'll be caught up! again!


#95 - Lemons For My Water

Getting back into my warm-lemon-water-first-thing-in-the-morning routine!


$30


#96 - Slice of Sunshine

Wow! This was a lot harder than I thought it would be! And it still doesn't look back lit. I should probably try it again another day, when I'm seeing better. Instead of painting what I was seeing, I seemed to be trying to paint a lemon. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, that's my excuse... and I'm sticking with it!!

And for those artists that nail back lighting every time, I'm open for some pointers!! Thanks!


Sold


#97 - People Watching People (Crowd-Of-People Challenge)

What a challenge for this week's challenge!! Whew! Before I do a small figurative piece again, I'm going to learn how artists paint these small figures and make it look so easy!


Sold


#98 - Decision

I did this study today on a 5x7, because I'm actually considering painting this image on a 24x30 canvas (with a different background). I may have truly lost my mind! lol


Sold


#99 - Lake Shea

I wanted to paint something different today, and on a larger scale than most of my daily paintings. This one is 16x20, and took me about 4 1/2 hours. The reference was from MorgueFile. I don't think Ive ever painted a waterscape -- and only a handful of landscapes -- so decided on this one. The foggy mist grabbed my attention. Because this is a "daily painting", I'm keeping the price lower than my larger show pieces.


$200




No comments:

Post a Comment