Monday, September 28, 2015

Three Fog Paintings

Ok. Back again in my catch-up mode. Next 3 (drum roll, please........!)


#100 - Fog I (DPW Fog Challenge)

This was painted for the weekly challenge. I gessoed the canvas panel a couple times with a lightly tinted gesso (with purple and umber), then sanded in between to try to smoothen it a little. As you can see from the picture, it didn't work that well. Something you might not be able to see in the photo is that the water is a hint warmer than the sky. I used cerulean and raw umber, and alittle sap green for the tree line. Oh, and obviously (and mostly) titanium white. A fun, maybe 10-15 minute painting. :)


$30


#101 - Fog II 

The fog was a fun challenge, so I had to do another one! This one took longer to photograph than paint! 10 minutes to paint, 1 hour to photograph! haha
Same palette as first one. No pure white.


Sold

#102 - Fog III

Ok, so I had to paint one more fog painting that day. This challenge was just too fun!
Thanks, Leanne! :)

I ended up getting a lot of comments on this one. Sometimes when you paint something, you don't know whether you really captured what you were trying to capture. Apparently, I did on this one. Ya just never know!


Sold



No comments:

Post a Comment