Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Hosta Garden



#076

I had soooo much fun painting this one! And for so many reasons! First of all, I painted this plein air on an amazingly beautiful spring morning.... in my yard. I wish you could've been here and experienced it... The sun warming up the cool dampness of the night, birds singing and darting around; and oh, the smells of spring! Plants popping up everywhere, in all shades of greens, blues, and yellows. The dogwoods and cherry trees were covered with blossoms, and the peonies were begging to bloom at any moment. 

This was painted a few weeks ago, but it feels like it was yesterday. You just can't forget the feeling that only early spring gives you! I guess it's that feeling of freshness and possibility. I'll hang on to that all year.

This was also my first plein air painting with my new outdoor painting gear. I've got a great set up now for plein air, so I'm really looking for to more out-door painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment