Monday, May 4, 2015

Painting Walls and Huddle House


Sold

#069

People always talk about how painting is therapeutic, how it's relaxing, reduces stress, and gets the endorphin's going. Most of the time people are referring to artistic endeavors involving oil paints, watercolors, pastels, canvases, brushes, etc. But, I've been painting walls -- with gray paint, of all colors -- and found it almost comparable. Almost! If it weren't for the limited palette, one brush and one roller, the last two weeks of painting might have felt as rewarding as when a painting turns out better than you expected. AND, I'm really on top of my trim game now! I must say, my technique has really blossomed... come into its own. No need for painter's tape here! 

Above is a painting of my husband paying the tab at our local Huddle House. It's down at the foothills, and one of the few places to go for breakfast if you don't feel like "dressing up" or driving too far. At HH you just throw on a hat, a favorite sweatshirt, and your most comfortable jeans (belt loosened, of course). It makes the grits and country ham taste even better that way!

And no, I can't think of a connection between painting walls and the HH (in case you were expecting me to draw some sort of conclusion at this point). But, if you think of one, let me know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment