Thursday, August 13, 2015

Five O'clock Somewhere II



This is not a daily painting. This is a painting I started over a year ago, left sitting in my studio, and just recently finished. I painted most of this in a day, and was really on a roll. It was almost finished, then I stopped to run out and meet my husband for an impromptu dinner date! Oh, the date was awesome and it's great to be spontaneous, but really. It took my so long to get back to this that I never could get back in the "feel" or "zone" of this thing. Now I really don't care for it, but am sick of painting over and over again what little of it I had to finish.  I've painted a similar piece before and it just flowed onto the canvas like it painted itself. Don't you love it when that happens? 

Lesson learned:  Next time when I'm in the "zone" and loving a painting, I'm not walking away from it until it's finished!! Sorry, honey! I'll take a rain check!

No comments:

Post a Comment